Saturday 27 July 2013

Last Impressions of Mayonaka No Panya-San

I finally finished watching 8 episodes of Mayonaka no Panya-San! Yayyyyy! It took way to long. Well I kind got bored or rather got distracted by other dramas and things. :P Also, I had to watch this drama late at night...I tried to watch it during the day but it didn't give off the same feeling. Lol, I guess if the bakery only opens at night, I can only watch this drama at night as well.

It was a good drama, all in all. Towards the middle, I got tired of the storyline. :( But it picked up near the end! :) The ending was good but boy, there are a lot of unanswered questions. First of all, WHEN THE HECK DO THEY EVEN SLEEP?! They run the bakery from 11 to 5, and then they made breakfast around 8 or 9 (I'm assuming because Nozomi goes to school and eats breakfast with them). It takes them a couple of hours to clean up after and make the bread before hand and they always seem to be awake during the day.  >.>

japan-ent

Putting that aside, the interweaving of stories was interesting. I thought some were stronger in terms of plot than others. All the characters were related to each other whether it be a strong bond or a meeting in the past. Also, the food was sooo delicious looking. I really wanted to take a bite out of my computer screen, lol. XD I should try to make some fruit sandwiches or chocolate cornets!

The acting was top notch! Kodama was such a cute kid and his story arc really made me feel sad and lonely at times. I could relate to Nozomi the most. The losts ties between Suzuaka and her reminded me a lot of my past. When her mother appeared in the last episode, I was kind of unsatisfied with the conclusion of Nozomi and her mother. I think I just didn't understand it. Her mother was last shown going to the hospital; was it because she was ill and could not take care of Nozomi?  Maybe that's why she pushed her daughter away.Or was just because of the fact that her mother was dating the doctor? 

Edit: She didn't date the doctor and she didn't want Nozomi to know she was a patient at the hospital. Can you tell that I totally missed that part? >.> Sorry! (Flees away before anyone tries to hunt me down)

I recommend this drama to those who are looking for a slow paced, feel good, and family/ social problems/ slice of life-oriented show. :) Although I say it's slow paced, the story arcs that are quite serious. Mayonaka no Panya-San is a good reflection of reality and includes themes such as how one finds their place in the world and how one accepts their family who they are. It's a drama that will make you feel sad and happy and hungry! Be careful of being bored with the story arc near the middle.

Side Note: The picture is from the first episode. I really really like when the trio eats melon pan....It gave me all sorts of fuzzy feelings. XD





1 comment:

  1. Nozomi's mother never dated the doctor. She was held as a patient in the hospital where he worked. This is why the doctor looks so stoic in the photo, he is just having his photo taken with a patient and not a lover. She didn't want Nozomi to know so she didn't leave a return address on the letter.

    In the last episode when her phone rings Kurebayashi overhears her talking about coming back on time for the curfew. The psychiatric patients only have limited hours of freedom during the day and they must come back to the hospital at night.

    ReplyDelete

Come on a my comment?