Saturday 3 August 2013

Let's Talk More About Keito

Now that I've calmed down....I want to write further thoughts on Keito and his girlfriend. 

There were A LOT of people who were angry, sad, and upset that our English Prince had someone special in his heart.(Apparently Keito went to fix his phone and his photos got stolen. Be more careful!!!)


Please don't misunderstand....I'm still really happy for them. I still grin so hard and blush like crazy when I see their pics. XD However, that night, after writing my last post, I didn't listen to a single Jump song. Even though every night I usually listen to them before I go to sleep. Guess I wasn't as okay with the scandal as I initially thought. I wasn't upset with him having a girlfriend but rather I realized something that upset me.


I became sad because there's a side of Keito I never knew. This scandal reminded me there is so much we don't known about idols. It's ironic because I want them to have some privacy and I don't want to know everything about them. No need to tell me what kind of toothpaste you use, Keito. Being a fan is very conflicting, because I want them to be able to enjoy freedom and everything life has to offer BUT at the same time, I like learning more about them! T-T


Is it because of the American culture that I grew up with? In Hollywood, you usually know who's dating who and such. But in Japanese culture, specifically regarding Johnny's, it's different since part of  their popularity rides on the fact that they're the Ideal Boyfriend and if they're single, it's like you have a chance with them. I can't dismiss that there are some American celebrities who fall in the same category as Johnny's but I feel the idol culture is more intense and driven by a certain set of rules (You can't date openly,  You've got to release stuff on a constant basis, You HAVE to follow the rules of entertainment or else you're done etc ). That kind of mentality is changing now as fans become more mature and educated and different sorts of idols are appearing. Hopefully the whole culture of idols will change for the better. Where am I going with this?


Maybe I just want idols to be able to date and if they want, they shouldn't be afraid to date openly. 










Post a Comment

Come on a my comment?