Friday 28 June 2013

First Thoughts of Mayonaka no Panya-san!

asianwiki

Honestly I'm not too familiar with T&T or B.A.D. I remember seeing Kiriyama in my 2007 wink-up magazine, he was in gokusen, right? ^^ As for Tacky, I've only heard great things about him. He seems like a nice senpai!

The drama, Mayonaka no Panyasan or Midnight Bakery, is about ....you guessed it...a bakery only open at midnight! (Actually it's open from 11pm to 5am) It's a very heart warming drama that heals your soul. The actors are good and the plot is actually based on several characters, whose lives are intertwined somehow.

At first, it seems like your typical drama where they focus on one type of bread (ex melon pan in the first ep) and how things always seem better with food. BUT MnP has a lot of deep and intense themes shown in a different light. Yes, there's the loss of a loved one, a love triangle, and bullying and peeping and cross-dressing and parents leaving their children etc but the characters are so believable and fresh. The music is awesome, especially the ending by Chara (God, I love her voice and music!). The episodes often leave with cliffhangers (of how it ties into another character's story) but leave you with just enough satisfaction that you don't feel the urge to watch episode after episode. It's good 'cause I can watch an episode a day and take my time to enjoy all of the wonder MnP has to offer.

The main girl, Nozomi, likes being alone and she justifies it in a way I could totally relate to. And her backstory is based on a common happening (in shoujo manga and dramas) where her mom left her alone in the house to go see her lovers. But the actress is really good at not making me feel bored (lol). She's so cute when she's with the little kid~ Ah, they're like brothers and sisters!! >W<

And there's so much good food to watch. The crisp crust of the bread, the fluffiness of the cream, the softness of the dough....Can you tell I love food? lol.  It really made me want to eat bread or go visit a quaint bakery like Boulangerie Kurebayashi.

In short, go check out this drama! ^^ I'm sure it'll heal your soul as well!

Post a Comment

Come on a my comment?